Welcome to our South Williamstown open website! We invite you to submit interesting items of any sort relevant to our neighborhood: photos, art works, histories, anecdotes, book reviews, recipes, complaints, even jokes! Whatever is on your mind! Just copy the e-address below to your own computer address bar and send your texts and/or attachments, to email@example.com
MARY! WON’T YOU COME OUT AND PLAY WITH US?
Have you considered trying something new or tapping into your creative side during these long (rainy!) days? IS183, the Art School of the Berkshires, is now offering classes close to home in Williamstown- we are based at the lovely & historic Little Red Schoolhouse. We have a great line-up of classes of all levels and media, most taught by local artists and writers. Scholarships are available!
Below are some of the highlights of our offerings…
Information on classes and more available at IS183.org or 298-5252 ext. 100(http://www.is183.org/classes.php)
- Summer Camps! creative camps for ages 3-18, from July 15 all the way to August 23. Sculpting, theater, mural painting and much much more, all taking advantage of the great green space and facility available to us.
- Basically Drawing Landscapes with Ann Kremers, Tuesdays June 18 to July 16.
- Sketching and Painting the Clark Art Institute Landscape with Tony Conner, Wednesdays July 10 to August 7.
- All in A Day’s Work: “Alla Prima” Landscape Painting with Thor Wickstrom, Tuesdays July 9 to 30th.
- Introduction to Jewelry Making with James Kennedy, July 13 and 14 weekend workshop.
- Green Painting: From Canvas to Pigment! with Erica Manville, July 20 and 21 weekend workshop.
- Painting the Berkshires: Rural Landscape and Architecture with Jaye Fox, Tuesdays July 23 to August 13.
- Flash Fiction: Wit in 100 words with Emily Banner, July 27 one-day workshop.
- Appalachian Folk Singing with Amrita Lash, August 16 and 17 2-day workshop.
- Introduction to Calligraphy with Ann Kremers, August 24 one-day workshop.
Please note that all classes require advance registration. I hope you’ll join us during this inaugural summer!
Coordinator, North County Programs